World Hopping DnD online Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Hopping DnD online Quest

This is our forum for our online Tsubasa-based DnD quest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pre-Quest required before moving on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Pre-Quest required before moving on Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Quest required before moving on   Pre-Quest required before moving on EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Your character has somehow found himself or herself in Yuuko's Shop of the Dimensions and you need to set up why you are here and why you need to travel. Please give a few paragraphs or so telling how you got sent to her shop, what you are wishing for (it needs to be something that you have to travel dimensions for). The main plot of this game is that all characters will be traveling dimensions and each dimension will be a new quest. However this show is where we get started. Once you have your reason for going and how you got there, your character has to give Yuuko something precious of theirs (not money) to pay for their journey.

Your description should also include info about your homeworld. You can come from any place and time you want to, so be creative with it.

The "ship" that will be carrying us across dimensions is a cute grey bunny creature called Mokona.

(Yes, this quest is based off of Tsubasa, however its quite easy to catch on to, and most of the worlds that we go to will be based on all sorts of things. We picked this because its a very versatile quest)

Finally, at the bottom of your post, please give 6 worlds that you would like us to spend a quest in. They can be quite literally anything in any time or place you feel like. We will be rolling dice each quest to determine what world we go to.
Back to top Go down
https://pascalrealm.board-directory.net
ElrinTheWizard

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Quest required before moving on   Pre-Quest required before moving on EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 am

In the desert city of Amisi Madina – by a river there was a thriving city that had taken life. Like a light in the darkness – an oasis in a vast sea of sand, Amisi Madina was there. People used the silt from the river floods to farm by irrigation canals from the river. Many people lived, worked, and studied in the city and the surrounding villages. One of the more renowned schools in Amisi Madina was geared toward educating people in magical arts.

Haji was walking the halls of the school where he taught spellcraft to young witches and wizards in the country of Devar. He had been teaching there for the past few years and enjoyed the job. The students liked his classes as he kept them lively and didn't give out much homework. He was currently heading back to his office to start grading papers.

When he got to his office he noticed a distinctive yellow envelope on his desk. This could only mean one thing, and it was very important at that. He went and opened the letter:

Haji,
Some thing important has come up about the artifact we hid together. I'm afraid its not good news. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please come once your last class of the day is finished. I will be waiting in the courtyard of the shine.

Sincerely ~ Amina - Priestess of the Sun/Moon Shrine

This was definitely not good. Not good at all. If she was wanting to speak to him in person, then it was very serious indeed. About a year before he started teaching, Haji helped the priestess named Amina securely hide a very dangerous and very evil magical artifact someplace so that it would never cause trouble in their world again. In Devar the artifact had led people to three wars and cost countless lives. They attempted to destroy the object but failed, and thats when Amina came up with her plan to hide it and seal it away, and Haji helped in that endeavorer.

Haji was really nervous throughout the rest his classes, and ended up just letting the students talk and listen to music in the last one because he was too nervous and his mind was too much on what was happening with the artifact to do anything. He then left as soon as he could, running all the way to the courtyard of the shrine which was across the river. All the temples, shines, and cemeteries and such were kept on the west side of the river, while people lived on the east.

A pretty woman with long dark auburn hair and the priestess robes was seated in the courtyard, this was Amina. The shrine courtyard was very beautiful, there were a few statues bearing frankincense that filled the air with its aroma, and a small pond in the center was filled blooming lotus flowers that added pink and blue hues to the yellow-white of the sandstone architecture.
"Thank you for coming, what I have to discuss is grave indeed" she spoke
"I figured, what happened?"
"I"m afraid that our seal has come undone and it is possible for someone to retake the artifact - I"m afraid that someone quite evil may be after it. If that person does find it they won't just damage Duvar, but many other worlds as well." She explained
"So what can we do?" Haji questioned in an anxious tone
"It needs to be retrieved and handed over to the dimensions witch. I've talked to her and she can keep it safe." Amina replied
"Who?" Haji asked, he was unfamiliar with the dimensions witch
"She is a very powerful sorceress in control of space and time. She is powerful enough to hide and seal the artifact so that this foe doesn't get it." Amina replied
"So I take it you need me to retrieve the artifact and deliver it to her" He responded

"Yes - you do." Amina answered
"Okay, but how am I going to get to it? Part of the beauty of our plan was that even we wouldn't know the dimension its hiding in" Haji replied
"Thats where the dimensions witch comes into play yet again. You will go to her, she will give you the means to find it. I'm going to give you my staff as part of the payment for your journey since I'm the once sending you. Her means of searching isn't cheap, you will probably have to add something of yours as well. Once you have the item go back to her ASAP - use your magic to take you there because the artifact can cause you to become corrupt and because it will make you a target." Amina explained
"Alright - thank you. I'll be off right away" He replied
"Good, I took the liberty of already having your bag packed. You'll find your things in here" She said as she waved her hand and suddenly a small bag appeared at her feat. It has a shrinking charm on it, take it and this staff" She said, handing him the small bag and the golden staff

Haji took the bag, and the staff and then began to cast his magic and transport himself to the dimension witches shop.

((OOC))
My World Picks: Steampunk World, Carnival of Horrors, Futurama-land, Greek Mythology based Universe, Haunted House, Las Vegas

Last edited by ElrinTheWizard on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlexenoFox

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Quest required before moving on   Pre-Quest required before moving on EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 am

"this is it! Vadell come on!"
" hey! wait a second."

Alexeno charged foward towards the stone hallway of the underground ruins. torches were lined up on the walls of the hallway, dimly lighting the area as he rushed towards the end; a stone door. Vadell chased after him with a sun rod burning brightly in his hand. " Alexeno! hold on!" Vadell called out trying to catch up to Alexeno.

" no time...I will have my prey." Alexeno spoke in a hushed tone to himself as he stared at the large stone door before him, glaring at it as if it was another foe. then attacked it, grabbed the small gab between the door and the wall and pulling as hard as he can to reveal the way. by this time Vadell had finally caught up, watching Alexeno trying his best to break through. " hey you mind giving me a hand here Vadell? this door is heavy." Vadell rushed to his aid, placing the sunrod on the ground as he grabbed a hold of the gap. slowly but surely the door slowly opened. And as soon as Alexeno had enough room to get through, he bolted forward.

" hey! Alexeno. wait a second!" Vadell called out.

" what is there to wait for? hurry up! it's in the next room. I can feel it." Alexeno called back as ran towards the end of the next hall way where a bright light shined brightly at the end. with out a moment's hesitation he moved forward into the light taking him to the next room.

inside, the room was spacious and well lit. nothing but a small altar was present with in. and on top of the altar Alexeno could see his prey; a blue orb that radiated a ominous transparent. he smiled at its presence watching it from afar as Vadell caught up with him.

" this is it." Alexeno spoke proudly.

Vadell finally caught the artifact in his sights. " this...wait this is one of Hectonshire's Artifacts."

" you got that right. no one doesn't even know what it does. I don't even know if anyone has even heard of it's name. I know I haven't." Alexeno added, staring at his prize. " well. either way it's mine." Alexeno spoke as he approached the artifact.

" wait alexeno." Vadell said stopping him. " what if there's a reason Hectonshire locked it up so tight here. maybe it was meant to be in here."

" or maybe the man is just stingy. knowing him it's probably-"

" ALEXENO! WATCH OUT!" Vadell shouted pushing him out of the way as a ball of fire flew past them both, crashing into a wall and bursting into an explosion flame. "are you okay?"

" yeah. I'll live- HEY!" Alexeno yelled suddenly, spotting a dark shadowy figure next to the blue orb. it produced a dark claw, reaching slowly towards the orb. " HEY! GET YOU DAMN HANDS OF MY PREY!" quickly alexeno rushed to his feet, unsheathing his blades as he dashed towards the figure. he then slashed at the figure, cutting off it's arm as it dissipated like smoke. but suddenly another arm was produce exactly like the last one. " what? what are you!" before Alexeno had any chance to react, the figure attacked him, slashing him with it's claw in the ribs. Alexeno grunted from the pain. " HEY! VADELL! Grab the orb and let's get going! I'll keep this bastard at bay!" Alexeno growl.

Vadell did what he said quickly snatching the orb from using a spare bag he hand and rushing out of the room. but the figure acted quick. it charged straight for vadell, shape shifting into a black apparition as it dived into to him, knocking him down. then suddenly Vadell began to get sucked in, as if the figure was trying to consume him. " DAMN IT NO!" Alexeno yelled, diving for Vadell's hand and trying with all his might to pull him out. but the suction was to strong, pulling him in as well. soon afterwards, all Alexeno could see was pitch black darkness.

Worlds
Inaba
Pioneer two
spira
gran pulse
mushroom kingdom
Vortex world
Back to top Go down
ElrinTheWizard

PostSubject: Isillote's introduciton   Pre-Quest required before moving on EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 am

A/N: This is not complete. I will finish it tonight when I upload her stats.

The snow in the forest glistened in the fading lights of autumn and streaks of green painted the sky. Through the forest ran a river that had already frozen over on the surface. The glimmer of light off snow and the way the streaks ran through the sky almost the scene look like something out of a painting. In this part of the world ice and snow came early and for the entire upcoming winter, darkness would rule the land. About a half mile from the river was a small town – a town at the edge of the world. Further north and there were no more settlements that were known of.

Isillotë walked silently toward the river where she had laid out several ice fishing lines earlier that day. She was hoping to have caught some. She thought it was nice to have some time to herself after all the bustle of relatives constantly talking to her. She had come home for her sister’s wedding and to help with their ailing mother, and since no one in their village had seen her for almost a year. Isillotë had gone away to school in a place much further south than here to study music and history. She was happy to see her old friends and family too, but she liked being in the peace and quiet of nature every now and then. She hummed to herself as she walked toward the river, a song she had known and cherished since she was a child

However, when she was almost at the river she heard a loud crack and a splash – something, or someone – had broken the ice and fallen through. She stopped singing and ran. Any person or animal that fell in the icy water and wasn’t rescued soon would definitely die. When she got there she saw that an older looking man had fallen through the ice and was struggling to pull himself back onto land. She rushed to the river band and offered him her hand. He latched on and she grabbed a tree on the bank with her free hand to stabilize herself. With her help, the man was able to pull himself out of the water.

“Thank you miss – I would have surely did had you not been there” He thanked her. The man was fairly tall with graying blonde hair, blue eyes and was wearing a leather outfit with a fur coat that was now soaked.

“You are welcome. I’m glad I was able to help. I know a spell that can dry your clothes” She suggested.

“That would be amazing” He replied, and so she whispered the magic words and his clothes were instantly much drier.

“What has brought you to this area? Not many people travel up here – I can tell by your accent that you aren’t from here.” She asked, curious as to why he was here

“Actually I’m looking for someone. You see, I have an important message for someone who lives in a village called Viimeinen Város – according to my maps that village shouldn’t be far from here” He explained.

“Really? That’s my village” She said excitedly, “It’s only a half mile or so from here. I can take you there once I check my fish lines”

“That would be excellent – and let me help you. You did save me” He replied.

“Alright – my lines are a few meters from here.” She said, pointing in the direction of her lines. They walked down to the lines in silence, but then she suddenly realized that she had never asked him for his name.

“Oh! I forgot to ask for a name!” She exclaimed rather suddenly, breaking the silence
“I’m Sigurd – and your name?” He asked

“Isilotë” She replied

“Really? You? You are the one the message is for – but why don’t we finish here and go back to the village first? It will take a while for me to explain” He suggested

Once they checked the fishing lines he offered to carry the fish back for her, and she quickly reset the lines before leading him back to her village. The walk back was done in a peaceful silence as two pairs of footprints left their marks in the snow following them.

“Tuule! I’m back! I found a stranger in the woods and he nearly drowned. Oh, and I have fish!” She shouted as she entered the village.

“Tuule is in your house with your mother” said one of the village women, “and now you've taken to bringing strange men home? Weren't the random wild animals enough? Who is he?” She asked.

“I’m Sigurd – I come from South-West of here and I have a message for this lady. Don’t worry – I won’t stay here long miss” He answered, she said he seemed polite enough and then carried off on her way while Isillotë lead him back to her house. Once home she was able to introduce him to her sister and mother and her sister’s fiancé (who was also staying with them)

Once introduced he asked her to sit down while he explained a few things to her. She was nervous, why did a complete stranger from likely far away have an interest in her?

“I have a message for you from the Time-Space witch. She is a very powerful sorceress from far away. Far from your land and from mine. However, her powers are of travel through time and places and I have and come into contact and have worked with her. She has asked me to deliver you a message.” He started
“Alright, what is this sorceress’s message”

“There are many worlds out there – alternate realities. In these alternate realities there are sort of copies of the same souls. In another world, you have a alternate incarnation that goes by the name of “Chandra”. She is you, but she is not you. She has your spirit and magical talent, but is from a different culture and had a different series of things happen to her. Her world is in grave danger – many people in that world may die if action is not taken. You, Isillotë, are the one that can save her and her world.” He explained

Isillotë backed up a bit, this seemed really crazy. Other worlds? She had studied magical arts at a school before and had heard about all sorts of unlikely phenomena, but this one? She had never heard of it. “How do I know you aren’t making things up – and how in the world am I supposed to even get there?” She replied.

“I have a note from the Time-Space witch herself” Sigurd replied, pulling an envelope out of his pocket, opening it and pulling out a small folded paper butterfly. The moment he opened up his hand the paper butterfly began to fly in a circle, leaving smoke behind it.

In the ring the face of a woman appeared and she began to speak, “Isillotë, I’m glad my message was able to reach you – but yes – what Sigurd says is indeed true – as I am calling you from another dimension. You are needed elsewhere my child. This butterfly will transport you to my world in exactly 24 hours – time enough for you to see your sister marry, to pack and say your good byes” The woman said

“One day? That’s all I have? When will I return” she asked in a panicked tone, what about her school – would she go back this spring?

“I’m afraid so – your part in the fate of not only the world that contains this “Chandra” but in many other worlds as well is at stake. If you don’t go – the disaster in Chandra’s world may reach yours. However I can’t promise that you will return here.” She explained.

Isillotë looked down – she was a bit distraught at this. Never to see her sister or mother or school or anything possible ever again?

“What do I have to do to return?” Isillotë asked.

“In your little treasure box under the floorboards of this house you have a small glass pendant that contains a magical light – it is a very powerful magical light and it is the thing that could save Chandra and her world. Go there now and get it – and show it to me.” The witch answered.

Isillotë went to her room, went to her little secret stash and pulled out the box containing the pendant. It was her grandmother’s pendant originally, and she had found it in swept up on the shore of the ocean one summer when she went to visit relatives that lived in a village by the sea. She had kept it and then willed it to Isillotë after her death. It was a small tear dropped shaped glass bauble that had a silvery glowing liquid in it. It was strung on a silver chain.

“Mistress – is this it?” She asked, holding up the pendant

“Yes – that is it. Put it around your neck now and don’t forget it. I’ll see you in 24 hours.” The Time-Space witch answered, and then the smoke disappeared and the connection was lost. The butterfly quit moving and gracefully fell to the table.

“I didn’t even get to ask her name…”She commented to no-one. She really did feel like crying – this wasn’t fair. But she had no other choice. From the sounds of it, that butterfly was going to take her away to the shop in 1 day like it or not and she should just spend her last day with her family being happy.

And that’s what she did, for the next 24 hours she spent time with her mother, sister, and new brother in-law. She got to see the wedding go off without a hitch. Sigurd stayed around for that day – saying that he felt bad that he had to come and send her away – but he had to do it, that the Time-Space witch (whom he told her was named Yuuko) had given the task to him as part of a price for a wish of his.

She spent her last hour or so packing and saying her goodbyes, her sister gave her a flower hairpin for luck, her mother told her to be safe and that she would wait for her return. Isillotë told her mother to stay strong. Right before the butterfly took her away Sigurd gave her his dagger for protection.

When the time came, the butterfly started to fly again – and made a cloud of smoke that engulfed Isillotë and pulled her into a spinning vortex-ish thing. When the spinning stopped she was no-where she had ever seen before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Quest required before moving on   Pre-Quest required before moving on Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-Quest required before moving on
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Hopping DnD online Quest :: Current Quest-
Jump to: